Southern NYC Lunch Tour

Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 23
China Chalet
90 Broad St. at Stone St.
Dec. 7, 2006

More along the lines of Au Mandarin - an actual restaurant as opposed to a take-out place. Very civilized experience. The upstairs waiting room is large, chairs, the hostess offered me a newspaper while I waited for my takeout to be prepared. Took a peek downstairs - it's sizeable, very busy, red paper dragons and pink indirect wall lighting - fun atmosphere. Despite the fact that it was around 1:00 - height of the lunch rush - and the restaurant was extremely busy, my waiting room experience was tranquil and fun. My tofu and mixed vegetable dish arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was truly excellent. This would be a fun place for an office group outing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home