Southern NYC Lunch Tour

Monday, October 30, 2006

Day 8
Benny's Thai Cafe
88 Fulton St
Oct. 27, 2006

It took me awhile to find Benny's Thai Cafe. It's part of a dingy 3-level mini-complex called 88 Fulton that has several inexpensive fast-food places and other similar businesses. It finally appeared to me, below street level. I rarely look down while trying to find a NY restaurant.

Inside it was crowded but surprisingly efficient. In the absence of an actual view (the windows face the wall extending up to street level) the owners had carefully chalked a parisian streetscape mural; nice touch.

I ordered the Red Curry Chicken lunch special. Quite alot of food for $5.50. Alas, it was only OK. The chicken was a bit gnarly - a cut below what I have come to expect from the likes of Lemongrass Grill. However, it was acceptable; no dire consequences ensued.

2 Comments:

  • I've been there before!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • gnarly chicken makes me shudder. glad to see that you're progressing - you're up to the B's now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home